Westside Christian School Statement of Faith
The following is what we believe and teach to all students, stressing to each student that if there are particular questions concerning Biblical interpretation, the student should talk to his/her parents about such matters and follow the direction of the parents and the church the family attends. We respect the students/parents right to hold to specific tenants of their denomination yet we are not willing to debate these issues or allow these issues to become divisive in a classroom or other school context.
1. The Triune God. We believe in one eternally existent, infinite God, Sovereign of the universe; that He only is God, creative and administrative, holy in nature, attributes and purpose; that as God is Triune in essential being, revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ. We believe in Jesus Christ, the second person of the Triune God; that He was eternally one with the Father; that He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary, died for our sins and arose from the dead, ascending into heaven where He make intercession for us. His death on the cross made full atonement for all human sin and in Jesus alone is the only ground of salvation sufficient for every person.
3. Holy Spirit. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Triune God that is ever present and active in the Church of Jesus Christ, convincing the world, sanctifying believers and guiding them into all truth as is in Jesus.
4. Holy Bible. We believe in the inspiration of the Holy Bible, by which we understand the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are given by divine inspiration, inerrantly revealing the will of God concerning us in all thing necessary to our salvation, so that whatever is not contained therein is not to be enjoined as an article of faith.
5. The Church. We believe in the church, the community that confesses Jesus Christ as Lord, the covenant people of God made new in Jesus Christ, called together by the Holy Spirit through the word. The mission of the church in the world is to continue the redemptive work of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit by holy living, evangelism, discipleship and service.
6. Second Coming of Jesus. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will come again; that we who are alive at His coming and abiding with Him shall be caught up with the risen saints to meet the Lord in the air so that we shall ever be with Him.
7. Staff and Faculty. Every WCS administrator, teacher and staff member must be: an active, regularly attending member of a Bible teaching local church whose beliefs are in harmony with our statement of faith; capable and willing to lead a student or parent to Jesus as Savior; involved in Bible study and personal devotions; and demonstrating a positive testimony in lifestyle, relationships and work ethic.